Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
#SEJ2022 Annual Conference, Houston, TX
That’s right, folks, it’s full speed ahead on planning for the #SEJ2022 31st annual conference, hosted by Rice University, March 30 — April 3, 2022.
Conference co-chairs Perla Trevizo of ProPublica/Texas Tribune and Naveena Sadasivam of Grist and SEJ conference directory Jay Letto – with the help of a great group of Houston-based journalists — have already selected a bunch of awesome locations for our famous all-day tours:
#SEJ2022 Tours — Thursday, March 31
- Ocean Health, Oyster Recovery and Deep Sea Fishing
- Climate Change, Hurricanes and Coastal Resiliency
- For the Birds: Conservation, Racism, and Justice
- Wildfire and Prescribed Burns, Prairie Chickens and Hiking
- The Future of Clean Energy and the Grid
- Flood Protection, Dam Safety and Cumulative Trauma
- Houston Ship Channel, Environmental Injustice and Community Response
- Superfunds: Climate Threats and Corporate Stonewalling
- Transportation and Infrastructure Tradeoffs: Who Wins, Who Loses?
Now we need your ideas for plenaries and panels!
If you're an SEJ member, you're welcome to submit a proposal, which should include topic, brief description, and speaker ideas. You do not need to confirm speakers in advance. If your proposal is accepted and you are confirmed as an organizer/moderator, you'll be responsible for recruiting a diverse and inclusive panel of speakers. The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, November 19.
We will mix and match these ideas in November to come up with our 30-40 topical and craft-oriented panel sessions. You should hear whether your panel is accepted no later than December.
Concerned about COVID? We are too! Proof of vaccination or recent negative test results will be required for all registered attendees. Masks will be mandatory unless otherwise specified. Read SEJ's COVID-19 Protocols.