|Peter Yeung is a roving freelance journalist reporting on climate and the environment. He often reports from the Global South with a pragmatic, solutions-orientated focus and armed with a camera and drone to bring to life the stories of the world's most vulnerable. More about Peter.|
"More than ever, we need to pool together our collective knowledge and expertise to tackle the greatest threat ever faced by humanity. Organizations like SEJ are key to that."
- Peter Yeung, Freelance Journalist
Here's how you can help
journalists like Peter:
Give to SEJ Programs to support essential training, resources, and convening, such as:
- SEJ Webinars like "Covering Climate Solutions — Containing and Monitoring Methane"
- #SEJ2023 Annual Conference events like "Solutions Journalism and Environmental Justice" and "Beyond Doom and Gloom: Bringing Solutions to Your Climate Reporting"
- SEJournal resources like "Delving Into Drones"
Give to SEJ's Fund for Environmental Journalism to support small story grants, such as:
- "In Ecuador's Amazon, Solar Panels Bring 'Fire Canoe' Dream to Life," Thomson Reuters Foundation, by Mélissa Godin
- "Giving Nature Personhood...and a Chance," EcoAméricas, by Barbara Fraser
- "Charity Appeal in Guatemala, Where the Fight for Land and Water Rights Is a Battle for Survival," The Guardian, by Richard Brown
Legacy giving: If you are ready to create a lasting legacy with SEJ, we recommend using FreeWill to create your will in 20 minutes or less — for free!
- Start your free will today.
- Have you already created a gift in your will or trust to SEJ? Fill out this form to let us know!
Topics on the Beat: