Meet SEJ member Peter Yeung! Peter is a roving freelance journalist reporting on climate and the environment for publications including The BBC, The Guardian, National Geographic, Bloomberg and the LA Times. Often he reports from the Global South, often with a pragmatic, solutions-orientated focus and often armed with a camera and drone to bring to life the stories of the world's most vulnerable. He has been supported and recognized by organizations including the Society of Environmental Journalists, The Pulitzer Center, Internews, the Society of Authors, the Overseas Press Club, Covering Climate Now, the Solutions Journalism Network, the Kiplinger Fellowship, the Society of Freelance Journalists, the European Journalism Centre, IJP George Weidenfeld Fellowship, Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) and GRID-Arendal, a partner of the UN Environment Programme. He invites you to get in touch with him for collaborations or commissions at email@example.com.
Peter recommends SEJ membership to his colleagues and said, "More than ever, we need to pool together our collective knowledge and expertise to tackle the greatest threat ever faced by humanity. Organizations like the SEJ are key to that." Join Peter at SEJ today!
Check out some of Peter's work:
- "In Sierra Leone’s Swamps, Female Farmers Make Profits and Peace," Al Jazeera, February 12, 2022.
- "War-Torn Sierre Leone Rebuilds, Sacrificing Its Only Protection Against Sea Level Rise ," Los Angeles Times, February 7, 2022.
- "Illegal Overfishing by Chinese Trawlers Leaves Sierra Leone Locals 'Starving'," The Guardian, February 1, 2022.
- "Africa's First Heat Officer Faces a Daunting Task," Bloomberg CityLab + Green, January 21, 2022.
- "Could Crushed Rocks Absorb Enough Carbon To Curb Global Warming?," National Geographic, December 21, 2021.
- "The World's Thirst for Palm Oil Is About To Destroy Asia’s Largest Remaining Rainforest," Vice World News, August 11, 2021.
- "The Bold Plan To Save Africa's Largest Forest," BBC, January 7, 2021.
Members: we want to put the #SEJSpotlight on you! Sign up here to participate.
Not yet a member? Join us today!