|Anton L. Delgado is a reporter for The Southeast Asia Globe covering news and the environment. He's currently based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and passionately reports on coastal conditions, renewable energy development, water resources, forest health and more. More about Anton.|
"SEJ has absolutely helped me delve into this fascinating beat. This organization has connected me to the best environmental journalists in the business and given me phenomenal resources when learning about new topics."
- Anton L. Delgado, Freelance Journalist
Here's how you can help
journalists like Anton:
Give to SEJ Programs to support essential training, resources, and convening, such as:
- SEJ Webinars like "New Frontiers in the Final Frontier — Reporting on Oceans in 2022"
- Annual Conference events like "Energy Equity and the Grid" and "Covering Oceans and Coasts"
- SEJournal resources like "Global Satellite Data IDs Tensions Between Food Production, Biodiversity" by Gabriel Popkin
Give to SEJ's Fund for Environmental Journalism to support small story grants, such as:
- "Fish Farming Is Feeding the Globe. What's the Cost for Locals?" The New Yorker, by Ian Urbina
- Neglected Waters: An Interactive Map, by Conrad Fox (Pharès Jerome and Patrick Saint-Pre project)
- "Some First Nations Are Fighting Fish Farms in BC to Protect Their Waters and Cultures," Civil Eats, by David Moskowitz
Give to SEJ's Conference Diversity Travel Fellowships to help cover the costs of registration, travel, lodging and other expenses of Diversity Fellowships. Here’s what past participants had to say:
- "I wouldn't have been able to attend this conference without the support of the Diversity Fellowship, and I am eternally grateful to have this experience at a pivotal point in my early career."
- "I couldn't have attended the conference without the fellowship and I'm really grateful to SEJ and the sponsors for this opportunity. It gave me such a wonderful foundation for covering and reporting environmental stories."
Start a Facebook Fundraiser for SEJ: If you and your friends sign up to be a monthly donor to an eligible nonprofit on Facebook this giving season, then Meta may match a donation after the second payment is made.
- Meta will match up to $7 million of eligible donations. Matching began on November 15, 2022 and goes until December 31, 2022 — or until the $7 million match fund is spent. More info.
- Here's how to set up a Facebook Fundraiser.
Legacy giving: If you are ready to create a lasting legacy with SEJ, we recommend using FreeWill to create your will in 20 minutes or less — for free!
- Start your free will today.
- Have you already created a gift in your will or trust to SEJ? Fill out this form to let us know!