Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
SEJ Webinar: Food and Farming in a Warming World
Food and Farming in a Warming World
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 | 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
All journalists welcome!
|Video recording and chat log|
The dire projections in the IPCC's latest climate science report made major headlines — but what do they mean for key sectors like agriculture and food production? Ahead of the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit, we're bringing together policymakers, experts and journalists covering food, farming and climate to discuss the questions, science and story ideas that will engage your editors and your audience.
This webinar is the second in a four-part series providing journalists with background, tools and tips on covering this year’s major international climate moments. Join us on September 15 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET for a deep dive into the future of global food systems in a rapidly changing climate.
- Chris Clayton, Ag Policy Editor, Progressive Farmer-DTN
- Channing Arndt, Development Economist, Researcher and Director of the Environment and Production Technology Division, International Food Policy Research Institute
- Martin Frick, Deputy to the UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy for the 2021 Food Systems Summit
- Esther Honig, Freelance Reporter, 11th Hour Food and Farming Journalism Fellow, University of California, Berkeley
- "Economist: Climate Change, Hunger, Food Scarcity Demand 'Transformation'," Iowa Capital Dispatch, September 18, 2021, by Perry Beeman.
SEJ is grateful for the UN Foundation's support of this #SEJ2021 webinar series. Watch part one, "The Future Is Here: Climate Science and Covering the IPCC 6th Assessment Report." Watch part three, "All Life, Great and Small: Covering Biodiversity and Climate."
|Connecting you to the UN, Collaborating for impact.|