Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
The Food and Agriculture Media Fellowship program will be held August 7-10, 2022 at Oregon State University.
Oregon is a unique spot to see a wide range of food and agriculture research. The fishing industry is the lifeblood of the Oregon coast. Urban agriculture, breweries and restaurants have transformed Portland into a foodie mecca. The Willamette Valley, home to Oregon State University, produces more than 170 crops, ranging from hops to hemp to wine grapes. Only California produces a higher number of agricultural products in the United States.
Highlights of the fellowship include:
- visiting one of the only research breweries on a college campus
- learning about how technology is shaping the future of agriculture
- walking through agricultural fields in the shadows of snow-capped Mount Hood
- touring a unique urban food research center in Portland
Watch a one-minute video showcasing what you will see during the fellowship. The program is modeled after a marine science media fellowship we held in 2018.
- Oregon State University will select up to 15 journalists for the fellowship.
- Oregon State will cover expenses during the time of the fellowship.
- Fellows will be responsible for transportation to and from the start and end points of the fellowship.
- The fellowship is open to journalists across all media platforms.
- Freelancers and international journalists are encouraged to apply.
- Fellows will be expected to abide by COVID-19 guidelines.
More information and application. The deadline to apply is May 1.