SEJournal Online is the digital news magazine of the Society of Environmental Journalists. Learn more about SEJournal Online, including submission, subscription and advertising information.
January 18, 2023
In this special report, “2023 Journalists’ Guide to Energy & Environment,” the SEJournal looks ahead to key issues in the coming year. Check out the guide’s special, forward-focused TipSheets and Backgrounders. We’ve also supplemented this year’s guide with a special look at environmental issues in the Cascadia bioregion. Also see an overview analysis and reporting from the Society of Environmental Journalists' Feb. 9 year-ahead roundtable.
- SEJ Panel Gauges Issues in the Works in the U.S. West
- #2023 Issues Panel — Details and Video Recording for Feb. 9 Webinar
Special TipSheet — Cascadia Look-Ahead
- Particulate Air Pollution — An Old Story Made Newer, and More Local, in 2023
- Bringing the Climate Crisis Story Home in 2023
- As Concern Over Methane Mounts, Emission Controls Yield Stories
- Coal Ash — An Overlooked Toxic Story That Won’t Go Away
- Extreme Rainfall Offers Journalists a Deluge of Environment, Climate Stories
- Biodiversity Could Be Bee’s Knees for Environmental Journalists
Plus, more forward-looking TipSheets:
- Air Conditioner HFCs Are on the Way Out — The Kigali Amendment Explained
- Burgeoning National EV Trend Helps Drive Local Environment, Climate Stories
- Whither the Permitting Reform Bill in 2023?
- Disinformation Presents New Challenges to Environmental Journalists
- EPA To Propose Plan Soon for First PFAS Drinking Water Rule
Plus, more forward-looking Backgrounders:
SEJ Publication Types: