|Parimal Rohit is a veteran journalist and host of three podcasts: Erased, The Brown Table and Storytellers in Action. He also volunteers for SEJ on the Awards Committee and as co-editor of #SEJournalInsideStory. More about Parimal Rohit.|
"SEJ is a valuable resource for me. The organization gives me the tools and resources I need to help achieve one of my missions: helping everyday people understand why the environment matters."
- Parimal Rohit, Freelance Journalist
Here's how you can help
journalists like Parimal:
Give to SEJ Programs to support essential training, resources, and convening, such as:
- SEJ Webinars like "Let the Sunshine In! Will EPA Reopen Its Doors to the Press?"
- #SEJ2023 Annual Conference events like "The Energy Transition and Environmental Justice" and "Preparing for the Future of Environmental Journalism"
- SEJournal resources like "Environmental Podcasting 101, Pt. I — Find Your Voice on the Digital Frontier" by Parimal Rohit
Give to SEJ's Fund for Environmental Journalism to support small story grants, such as:
- "Carbon Valley" (podcast episodes 1-9) by Cooper McKim
- "National Parks Traveler Episode 118: Threatened Grand Canyon" (podcast), May 16, 2021, by Kurt Repanshek
- "Threshold Conversations" (podcast episodes 1-9) by Amy Martin
Give to SEJ's Conference Diversity Travel Fellowships to help cover the costs of registration, travel, lodging and other expenses of Diversity Fellowships. Here’s what past participants had to say:
- "I wouldn't have been able to attend this conference without the support of the Diversity Fellowship, and I am eternally grateful to have this experience at a pivotal point in my early career."
- "I couldn't have attended the conference without the fellowship and I'm really grateful to SEJ and the sponsors for this opportunity. It gave me such a wonderful foundation for covering and reporting environmental stories."
Start a Facebook Fundraiser for SEJ: If you and your friends sign up to be a monthly donor to an eligible nonprofit on Facebook this giving season, then Meta may match a donation after the second payment is made.
- Meta will match up to $7 million of eligible donations. Matching began on November 15, 2022 and goes until December 31, 2022 — or until the $7 million match fund is spent. More info.
- Here's how to set up a Facebook Fundraiser.
Legacy giving: If you are ready to create a lasting legacy with SEJ, we recommend using FreeWill to create your will in 20 minutes or less — for free!
- Start your free will today.
- Have you already created a gift in your will or trust to SEJ? Fill out this form to let us know!