Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
2021 GREEN RIVER FIELD INSTITUTE
Telling True Stories From the Edge of Desolation
June 12 – 18, 2021 / Desolation Canyon, Green River, Utah
This seven-day journalistic exploration of the Green River’s Desolation Canyon will focus on inquiry, truth-telling and resonance in the realm of Western water resources, hosted by SEJ member Heather Hansman, author of "Downriver: Into the Future of Water in the West."
This is an intensive field institute for working journalists, aspiring journalists, and students or teachers of journalism from all backgrounds. Established and emerging journalists encouraged to apply.
COSTS + DEADLINE
Because we believe teachers and students need regenerative outdoor experiences more than most, Freeflow always extends a discount to contracted educators and enrolled students.
Your program cost of $2650 includes:
- daily writing instruction and one-on-one sessions with Heather Hansman and Freeflow staff
- pre-course reader and course materials
- transportation between Green River, Utah and the Green River
- delicious meals, snacks, beer, and wine on the trip
- professional, licensed river guides
- all taxes and access fees
- waterproof bags, lifejackets, and all specialized river gear
- sleeping bag, pad, and tent
Guide gratuities are not included in the program cost. We strongly suggest giving your river guides some love, and we are happy to discuss norms for tipping – just ask.
Registration and payment deadline is April 1, 2021. Capacity on this course is 14 students, and we will close registration once the roster is full.
All deposits and payments are non-refundable. Payment plans are available. Payments can be made by mailing in an old-fashioned check, or by credit card or bank transfer via the link in your electronic invoice.